Wednesday, July 31, 2024

A rich picture of my teaching prior to making changes

A rich picture of my teaching prior to making changes:


  • Explicit Planning- Selection of Texts

  • Inference-Making Reading Engagement

  • Peer support/ Small Group Activities (PALS)

  • Buddy Reading(Jnr & Snr Class)

  • Emphasis on timed reading exercises- Read Theory

  • Gradual increase in Reading Durations

  • KWL Chart Strategies

  • More focus on character study

  • Extended Discussion (Tried in Term 2 but I felt it was not working for my cohort)




In my planning process, I use a specific type of text format, like bullet points or a mind map, to clearly outline the steps and ensure a focus on the content.

Here's a snapshot from my Reading Plan.



Another successful strategy that I used in Term 2 was "Buddy Reading" - Tuakana Teina (Junior & Senior Classes). I will continue with this in Term 3 as well.



Read Theory Snapshot



Here is my baseline Time point Data 2 - Evidence of Shift




No comments:

Post a Comment