Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Digital Intensive Session 5 Creating a Multi Modal Site

An amazing session for all of us. I created a multi modal site based on The Lion and the Mouse.


We used the multi-text approach to meet the diverse literacy needs to meet learners learning style, interest and readiness. From there we created our own sites individually. Some of the multi modal modes we looked at were - youtube videos, pictures, audio, play, blogs, animations, writing activities and Explain Everything activity.


Finally, I chose one of the themes from the following and created my own site using the images followed by links.


  • Being Helpful
  • Size Doesn't Matter
  • Everyone has different skills
  • A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed
  • One Good Turn Deserves Another

This is a screenshot of the site I created for my Year 2/3 level.Please use this link to access my site The Lion and the Mouse





2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandhya, Great to see your multimodal site all up and running! Have you used this in your class yet? Would be great to see you share some of your reflections around how you think your learners would engage with the site. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gerhard, Yes I have used this in my class. They were really excited to click on the images and each image had a different activity so they looked quite keen to do their work in the afternoon session which kept them busy.

      Delete