Sunday, March 5, 2023

Teaching As Inquiry 2023

I am very excited to be appointed as a Manaiakalani Community of Learning Teacher (within schools). This is a great opportunity to share my thoughts, ideas, learning strategies, successes and areas for improvement. I am very fortunate that my colleague Mrs Kirby has also been appointed as a CoL Teacher and we will be working collaboratively to raise and accelerate student achievement at our school.

My achievement challenge is to Raise Maori student achievement through the development of cultural visibility and responsive practices across the pathway as measured against National Standards and agreed targets for reading Years 1-10.

I hope to achieve acceleration by focusing on culturally responsive teaching in my class and also tapping on their cultural capital and prior knowledge. 

I hope to achieve this by implementing strategies from my past experiences, collaboration with my team, working closely with the whanau, local GI community and as well as using TESSOL strategies.

Actually it started quite well as I had this opportunity to collaborate with the whanau during Meet the Teacher Evening. 



1 comment:

  1. So excited to be on this learning journey with you and learn from your knowledge especially your TESOL studies! Bring on 2023!

    ReplyDelete